Senior Product Manager, SeatGuru
Senior Product Manager, SeatGuru and TripAdvisor Flights
TripAdvisor is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to lead the day-to-day product development efforts for SeatGuru.
The SeatGuru Product Manager will report to the Senior Director of Product. This position is located in New York, NY.
Why is This Job Important:
- With over 4MM monthly unique users, SeatGuru is a top consumer brand in the travel space. However, SeatGuru has only scratched the surface in terms of the value it can play in the travel ecosystem. The right person for this role will define the brand so that SeatGuru becomes THE most important brand in the consumer travel space
- In the past two to three years there have been more changes in the airline industry than in the past decade. With all of these changes, we need an “A” player now more than ever that can navigate and accelerate the momentum of the SeatGuru brand, product and business
- An incredibly strong product foundation is essential – someone who can develop and implement a roadmap, create product specs, establish and track KPIs and work with design and engineering to implement product deliverables
- Your role will also be much broader than a typical product role and as such we need someone with a diverse skill set. You will be asked to lead, and contribute to, the growth on all facets of the SeatGuru brand – product, strategy, traffic, revenue, content and much more
What You Will Learn on This Job:
- This is truly a “CEO of a business” role. Achieving success for this job will drive learnings across all aspects of building a business – product, traffic, revenue, strategy, brand, content and much more
- Every hour and everyday will be different. Some days you will focus on product development, other days on strategy and other days on revenue. You will need to be able to not only multitask between product deliverables, but also between business deliverables
- You will launch new products across all of our platforms while taking numerous objectives into account – strategy, product, revenue and much more. Strategic and long-term thinking will be more critical in this role than in any role in your past.
- You will represent SeatGuru internally across many teams – product, brand, finance and many others. Results in this role will be tied (in some form) to your ability to influence and drive results from colleagues that you do not directly manage
- You will have management as the direct manager of an APM. Mentorship will be critical
Specific role requirements:
- Entrepreneurial passion and innovative mindset
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a B2C product management role
- Proactive and results oriented with a history of driving impact
- Metrics focused and driven. Analytical
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize
- Must be a team-player and a history of collaborative success
- Proficiency with agile development and teams a plus (but not required)
- Experience in, and passion for, the air travel industry a plus (but not required)
- Mobile experience a plus (but not required)
- Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top