Senior Product Manager - Merchandising
Sr Product Manager Merchandising
The Senior Product Manager of Merchandising, based in San Francisco, is responsible for managing online product development for the merchandising strategy for Viator’s English, International and Mobile points of sale (POS). You will be the product champion who understands the lifecycle of travel e-commerce and the importance of data and analytics. You will drive and evangelize the product vision and develop a product roadmap to deliver on core top-of-the-funnel KPIs, including acquisition, engagement, and retention metrics.
You will work jointly with the Product Marketing team as well as key business stakeholders to 1) refine and manage a clear, prioritized product backlog, 2) scope and define product features, enhancement, and fixes in collaboration with technical partners, and 3) lead the development team as the 'Product Owner'. You are intimately familiar with B2C marketplaces, merchandising, site-side consumer marketing (personalization, content targeting, localization, etc.), and behavior-based targeting within B2C e-commerce platforms. You will be a cross-team lead on all-merchandising related work, an advocate for the consumer across the product group, and an expected contributor to cross-team projects.
You have demonstrated proficiency in building scalable, stable platforms with a penchant for testing, learning fast and iteration-driven development. You are an expert at balancing building scalable products and creating personalized/curated experiences when needed.
Summary of essential job functions
- Drive the product vision and champion the product roadmap with key business owners and stakeholders
- Liaise with key stakeholders to define marketing/business requirements for improving user acquisition, engagement, and retention metrics; gather requirements from around the business
- Have a passion to build best in class ecommerce and marketplace site
- Monitor external business drivers and track the overall competitive landscape in order to provide a perspective on competitive benchmarking
- Advocate and communicate the state of projects across teams as well as to executives and customers
- Collaborate with the testing team to implement AB, MVT, and Feature tests
- Create detailed, annotated Product Requirements in collaboration with UX, design, optimization and engineering teams; and provide detailed specifications of functionality and usability for all website improvements
- Translate product requirements into user stories with acceptance criteria and work with engineering to scope product releases
- Use consumer and market research, consumer feedback, and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements focused on user acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Use Adobe Analytics and other analytics tools to evaluate site performance, track the impact of new features and functionality, and identify areas of opportunity
- 5+ years of product management experience, specifically with an B2C e-commerce and platform management background
- Previous experience managing marketplace and/or commerce websites a plus
- Proven ability to drive roadmap/backlog creation, management, and prioritization
- Proficiency with web-based management tools (marketplace, content management systems, merchandising/promotion tools, etc), web and platform design, and user experience best practices.
- Proficiency working with a diverse set of stakeholders with competing business priorities
- Proven ability to create, analyze and communicate analytics and performance metrics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to draw insights and recommendations from analysis and present proposals to internal stakeholders.
- Exceptional project management skills, driving multiple initiatives and roll outs to tight deadlines.
- Be prepared to occasionally work out of usual business hours when required to teleconference with Australia or Europe, as necessary
- Familiarity with travel industry concepts, practices and procedures a plus
- Extensive experience with agile development and teams
- Flexibility to travel to Sydney up to three times per year
Back to top