Senior Product Manager Market Development APAC
TripAdvisor is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to lead the day-to-day product development efforts for TripAdvisor in the APAC markets. You will be responsible for helping craft a strategy and vision, defining and defending a product roadmap, and execution of that roadmap through Product Development and OKRs.
We are seeking a smart, highly self-motivated, energetic and analytical person who will be responsible for contributing towards the continued development and growth of TripAdvisor in the region.
The Senior Product Manager will play a pivotal role in identifying new business opportunities and sizing them, spotting gaps in TA’s current offering from an APAC user’s perspective, and work with the Global Market Development team and the broader product group to leverage these opportunities and resolve gaps that impact the APAC user.
The Senior Product Manager - Market Development will report to the Group Product Manager, Market Development. This position is located in Asia in either Tokyo or Singapore.
What You'll Do:
- Identify projects, roles, initiatives that can catapult or ‘move the needle’ for TripAdvisor in the APAC region on any of the following parameters – Reach (traffic), Monetization, Content (listings, user generated content), Brand exposure / Awareness or any other metric critical to success
- You’ll influence decision-making within Product Leadership, you’ll create long-term roadmaps that identify areas where improvement is needed; you’ll and capitalize on unmet opportunities.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose and recommend solutions to simple as well as complex business or technical, UX or UI challenges that impact the APAC sites/ business.
- Work on any opportunities that enhance or deliver a truly localized and market relevant experience for our users and work to deliver on these initiatives
- Take calculated, smart risks to push the envelope. Sometimes these risks will fail (which is ok), but you will learn from these risks and continue to push the product forward to meet aggressive KPIs
- Manage prioritization of new feature enhancements and bug/fixes
- Develop fully detailed specs that include use cases, requirements, goals and page mock-ups for new features on multiple devices
- Identify and analyze the key performance indicators measuring post launch product success.
- Work with the cross functional APAC teams, APAC leadership, and APAC engineering team to identify opportunities in the travel space specific to ASIA where TripAdvisor can leverage its existing capabilities and competitive advantages to win – this would include sizing the opportunity, judging it’s ‘fit’ through the particular TripAdvisor prism, and building a business case for securing and mobilizing resources and budgets needed to win
- Monitor the competitive landscape, identifying and leading relevant market, site and consumer research needs.
- Identify opportunities and levers to enhance the user experience and drive consumer engagement
- Experience in successfully developing and managing new product launches including a proven ability to champion products and to drive key decisions
- A minimum of 5 years of Internet product management experience, preferably consumer and user experience focused, with a background in a growth product or growth hacking team. Travel industry or e-commerce experience is a plus.
- Comfortable within a global multi-cultural environment
- Fantastic command on the English language – both spoken and written
- Fluent in at least one APAC language (Including Japanese if based in Tokyo)
- Fantastic communication skills – including a strong appreciation of the nuances of both verbal and written communication.
- Possess the ability to balance assertiveness and a sense of urgency with an appreciation for the larger picture – essentially you know ‘which battles to pick’ and ‘which ones to walk away from’.
- You have the ability to identify opportunities where TA has the right and probability to win, and are able to build the necessary justifications for resources or budgets required to pursue these opportunities
- You possess an innate desire to win using scrappy methods if necessary
- You are a people person – you work well as an individual contributor and strive to make the necessary interpersonal connections required to succeed at your identified goals
- You communicate well with people at all levels of the organization
- You might have worked in the travel space, but a robust understanding of the dynamics of the internet space in general and the online travel space in particular would be preferred.
- Experienced business judgment, MBA preferred
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, or similar Business Intelligence tools, and A/B testing suites.
- Passion for making decisions quickly in order to seize opportunities that lead the cross-functional team to success. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective actions plans to support those decisions.
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, entrepreneurship, and tenacity while working independently. You will thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You will work proactively rather than reactively.
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are not satisfied with status quo.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding, fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team. You will be confident partnering with other departments.
- You must be comfortable with and adaptable to change. Confident with learning new tools and technologies. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- Flexibility to have early / late meetings with global teams based across the globe
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
Back to top