Senior Product Manager, Instant Booking
You’ll combine eCommerce skills and merchandising know-how to enhance the consumer experience in ways that increase checkout conversion, produce more bookings, and generate satisfied, loyal customers. You’ll use a world-class testing toolset to gather statistically significant results on multiple A/B tests every week. You’ll be surrounded by talented, passionate and fun folks who are all eagerly working together on the shared goal of helping our users book the right hotel.
Already receiving critical acclaim as a TripAdvisor product “which was unimaginable just a few years ago” (TNooz.com), Instant Booking is responsible for a transformative effect on how our customers perceive TripAdvisor - more like “Amazon for Travel” then “Yelp for Travel”. We are building Instant Booking to be a lynchpin hotels product at TripAdvisor. The investments made on the product and engineering side have been considerable.
It’s a big opportunity that you will play a key role in shaping. This is not a role for the timid. We are focused on validation of opportunities and aggressive growth. The role is for someone who has strong consumer transactional experience, has led data-driven product growth in the past, and now wants to be part of a top-tier team to fundamentally change how hotel rooms are purchased online.
What You'll Do:
- You will be accountable for driving Instant Booking sales on TripAdvisor Mobile and Desktop, via checkout conversion rate optimization.
- You’ll execute multiple A/B tests per week from concept to launch that support continual optimization of the booking feature and business plan.
- You’ll optimize the user experience. You’ll help establish a Mobile-first vision for the user experience that delights travelers both before and after booking. You’ll create wireframes and lightweight specifications that articulate the vision and light the way forward.
- You’ll define the best experience on our customer-facing hotel checkout flow for Instant Booking across iOS and Android, Tablet, and Desktop.
- Role is global in nature – You will work with teams in other markets.
- You’ll live in the data – both quantitative and qualitative. You’ll define data goals for specific revenue growth projects. To support your product decisions, you’re as comfortable pulling data as you are collecting information from usability studies.
- You’re lead cross-functional teams, serving as product owner and part project manager, to deliver projects on time.
- You’ll influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company. Together with Product Leadership, you’ll create long-term roadmaps that identify areas where improvement is needed; you’ll capitalize on unmet opportunities.
- You’ll maintain up to date knowledge of conversion rate optimization, mobile eCommerce, and usability best practices.
What We Seek:
- Deep expertise with A/B testing and data-driven product optimization is a must.
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, or similar Business Intelligence tools, and A/B testing suites.
- Passion for making decisions quickly in order to seize opportunities that lead the cross-functional team to success. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective actions plans to support those decisions.
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, entrepreneurship, and tenacity while working independently. You will thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You will work proactively rather than reactively.
- A minimum of 5 years of Internet product management experience, preferably consumer and user experience focused, with a background in a growth product or growth hacking team. Travel industry or e-commerce experience is a plus.
- Experience managing ecommerce products; mobile shopping; familiarity with a range of payment solutions.
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are not satisfied with status quo.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding, fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team. You will be confident partnering with other departments.
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight that can be digested in a minimum amount of time.
- You must be comfortable with and adaptable to change. Confident with learning new tools and technologies. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- Emotional and professional maturity required along with great people and relationship skills.
Back to top