Senior Product Manager, Hotel Supply
TripAdvisor’s mission is to unleash the full potential of every trip. By providing people-powered clarity and foresight for travelers, we help travelers all over the world have the confidence and satisfaction of knowing they are making the best choices of where to stay, what to pay, and what to do on all their trips.
TripAdvisor is seeking a passionate senior product manager to accelerate the growth of the Hotel Supply team. As Product Owner, you'll influence the product strategy and roadmap, evaluate third-party API technologies, collaborate with Engineering to produce specifications that evolve the platform’s feature set for both internal and external customers, and work closely with engineering to ensure quality deliverables on-time. Because TripAdvisor is about disrupting the “status quo” in the industry, we are looking for smart product leaders who get stuff done.
TripAdvisor hotel shoppers are searching for the best hotel in the right location and at the right price. A successful candidate in this position is responsible for conversion lift by delivering platform features that enable customers to find the best prices and highest room content quality worldwide. This supports our mission of enabling shoppers to find and book the perfect hotel for their trip. Ultimately, this role sees a performant platform infrastructure as the most vital component of a stellar online shopping experience.
TripAdvisor Hotels Product Managers work with teams of talented and passionate engineers, user researchers, and designers to build products that help users find and book the perfect hotel for their trip. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial Product Managers to help innovate and execute product initiatives across the company, and want to be part of a top-tier team to fundamentally change how shoppers find and book hotel rooms online. This position is full time and based at our worldwide headquarters in Needham, MA
- Develop requirements, specifications, and enhancements to the pricing and content shown to hotel shoppers on TripAdvisor.
- Live in the data, and believe the best way to democratize product decisions is querying the database for insights and building ad-hoc reports.
- Perform extensive research to completely understand how room pricing and content quality matches up against comparable sites across the globe.
- Integrate usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Lead cross-functional teams to establish milestones and manage development and QA efforts.
- Provide detailed consultation to 3rd party partners to determine integration/interface requirements as needed.
- Builds & maintains up to date industry knowledge of Hotel Supply connectivity technologies
- Automate as much as possible, and develop scalable processes in a high volume environment.
- Understand TripAdvisor’s evolving strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- 5+ years data-driven product optimization using analytical skills such as SQL, Tableau, or similar Business Intelligence tools. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate action plans to support decisions.
- 5+ years of comparable internet product management experience.
- Expertise and comfort in explaining how APIs work to both business and technical audiences
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines, independently.
- Strong customer-centric communication skills. Ability to communicate to both business and technical personnel. Displays ‘grace under pressure’ ethic at all times, with both customers and peers
- Passion for making decisions quickly in order to seize opportunities that lead to team success.
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative and tenacity while working independently. You will thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You will work proactively rather than reactively..
- Comfortable with and adaptable to change. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top