Senior Product Manager, Fraud and Payment
Viator is the world's leading resource for researching and booking unforgettable travel experiences, providing access to more than 50,000 tours, attractions and activities in more than 2,500 destinations spanning 170+ countries. Viator flagship website www.viator.com offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with resources including more than 1 million verified traveler reviews and photos, the Viator Travel Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube sites. Viator industry-leading mobile apps (www.viator.com/apps) make it easy to browse and book on the road.
Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at Viator.com, the Viator apps for iOS and Android, 11 local-language sites throughout Europe, Asia and South America, and through its global network of more than 3,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes 18 million visitors per month.
Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator is part of the TripAdvisor family of companies.
The Senior Product Manager – Fraud and Payment, based in San Francisco, is responsible for driving key product initiatives for our Fraud prevention, Finance and Payment teams. You will work closely with the business stakeholders as well as your engineering team and the rest of the Product team to deliver and scale our next-generation Fraud and Payment platforms. You are a leader who will own the vision for the platform and drive key initiatives, including building fraud prevention algorithms, adding new payment gateways or payment processors, adding new currencies for payments take-ins or take-outs, building reliable and redundant payment systems, along with other high visibility projects.
You are a self-starter and thrive in an environment where you can work on complex product features. You are skilled at translating business needs into product plans that incorporate appropriate internal/external research. You have extensive experience working in Agile framework and with engineering teams to break down the product plans and deliver best-in-class products. Your communication skills allow you to excel at collaborating in a Global team environment working in several time zones.
At Viator, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-growing environment where you will have a lot of ownership while being part of the TripAdvisor family ensures you will have the support needed to exceed your goals.
Summary of essential job functions
- Be the voice of the Payment, Finance and Fraud teams. Carry out the Product vision for the payment platform and champion it through the entire organization.
- Define long term vision for the payment platform as well as tactical initiatives required for urgent needs.
- Lead optimization of our fraud monitoring systems.
- Work with 3rd party providers and/or commercial software providers.
- Work with business stakeholders to define and translate strategic business ideas into product stories and acceptance criteria.
- Manage technical projects, track progress towards milestones, and keep tabs on all the moving parts of agile planning and development cycles.
- Communicate the state of projects across teams, stakeholders as well as to executives.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems.
- Prior product management experience.
- Strong technical understanding. Engineering background preferred.
- Experience in the areas of fraud prevention, payment processing, compliance, revenue and cost optimization a strong plus.
- Familiarity with travel industry concepts, practices and procedures nice to have.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, results drive environment with a diverse set of responsibilities.
- Proven ability to create, analyze and communicate analytics and performance metrics.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Proficiency with agile development.
- Ability to collaborate with a global team, across multiple time zones.
- Be prepared to occasionally work out of usual business hours when required to teleconference with Australia, Europe or the East Coast, as necessary.
- Available to travel to Sydney Australia a couple times a year
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top