Senior Product Manager, Discovery
TripAdvisor's Discover team is looking for a product manager to help us use the terabytes of data generated from our site's 600 million reviews and opinions and our 400 million monthly unique visitors to help travelers find the perfect place to stay, new place to dine, or great tour to book for their next trip.
In this unique role, you will work closely with a team of world class engineers, data scientists, machine learning experts and other product managers to drive innovation across devices (desktop, mobile, tablet) and across verticals (hotels, restaurants and attractions). You will develop and optimize recommendations through the creation and improvement of predictive models, recommendation systems and other analytic work products with the goal of improving lifetime customer value.
You will help us answer some of our most challenging questions: What is the expected behavior of a given user for a given visit? How can we engage and retain members to grow their value over time? How should we modify content and recommendations to reflect that expected behavior? How do you improve the site design and user experience to seamlessly integrate personalization into every core product? How do we measure the value of segmentation and personalization over time?
What you will do:
- Work with a highly experienced team of designers, engineers, data scientists, and other product managers to develop world class personalization and recommendation products
- Work with business partners to understand their business problems and opportunities to tailor modeling efforts to meet their needs, balancing multiple priorities and effectively communicating the benefits and limits of machine learning, predictive models, and personalization
- Analyze and interpret data; synthesize information from a variety of sources and translate into effective and actionable recommendations
- Build business cases and analytical support/insight for new initiatives; this requires identifying and understanding key issues, quantitatively analyzing these issues, and communicating key insights and results
- Measure product performance and identification of key levers of improvement - including design and analysis of relevant reports
What you'll bring to the team:
- Demonstrated experience in shipping products that delight users
- Ability build strong relationships across the organization and a knack for explaining complicated ideas in simple terms
- Rock solid product instincts along with the ability to build a business case for your ideas
- An enthusiasm for the personalization space-a love for data, modeling, and all things machine learning
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing data to drive business tactics & strategies, plus deep experience with SQL
- Drive, enthusiasm, and initiative
- 4+ years of Product Management or analytics experience, preferably with focus in Machine Learning, Data Science, Recommendation Systems or Search
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top