Senior Product Manager, Ad Solutions
SmarterTravel, a TripAdvisor Company, offers travelers a portfolio of travel sites to help them find the right trip at the right price. We are a team of passionate professionals who push and drive and innovate like a start-up, but we also have a track record of success and we benefit from being a part of a large, public company.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager who would jump at the opportunity to own the cornerstone of our fastest growing business: Search & Media. You would be responsible for driving our advertising platform as we expand globally and invest to become an industry leading advertising solution.
This position reports to the Product Director on the Search & Media team and is based in our Boston, MA office (right next to the TD Garden in the North End).
- Conceptualize and develop new ad serving algorithms to meet business objectives.
- Lead the development of our campaign management and ad serving tool set.
- Work with the sales and BI teams to deliver key marketplace insights to our advertisers.
- Monitor the global marketplace for opportunities to influence product roadmap, including but not limited to new marketplace technologies (real-time bidding, demand-side management platforms, ad exchanges, cross-platform targeting, etc.).
- Present products to the sales organization and ensure they are equipped to go to market.
- Meet regularly with key Smarter Travel advertisers to understand their business needs and provide direct feedback on ad solutions initiatives.
- Provide ongoing sales support on products including, best practices, pricing, performance, optimizations, etc.
- Coordinate ad solutions development across the product and engineering teams.
- Develop and manage a key component of the Smarter Travel Search & Media product budget.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision making skills. Ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Extensive knowledge of online media, marketing and advertising trends required – within the travel industry is a plus.
- High attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Self-motivated worker with entrepreneurial passion.
- Effective communication skills at all levels of an organization.
- Must possess strong leadership and teamwork skills but be able to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Understand that in a proactive environment, not all projects will come to fruition; utilize these learnings for future projects.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people.
- Experienced business judgment.
- BS/BA required. MBA preferred.
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Back to top