Senior Product Manager
Who are we
TripAdvisor is the world's largest online travel site, visited by 400 million travelers each month, and our business - TripAdvisor Rentals - is a fascinating and ever-evolving part of the organization. Rentals are a significant revenue generator and key growth area not just for TripAdvisor, but for the travel industry on the whole. It's a category that's rapidly gaining popularity; around two-thirds of travelers say they plan to stay in a rental this year, up from 50% two years ago.
This is a unique opportunity, for one of the most progressive companies in the digital space. We're looking for a talented, dynamic product manager to own critical elements of our platform and constantly improve the experience for our travelers.
Why This Job is Excellent:
As a Senior Product Manager for a pioneering digital organization you will be an integral part of shaping the digital future and next big success. Owning the critical conversion path, you'll be turning traveler traffic into rental bookings & revenue, creating ground breaking customer experiences that delight our customers, drives exponential business growth and pushes you to the forefront of the digital world.
What you'll get
You'll be surrounded and supported by a leading team of digital and technological experts that deliver and evolve at a fast pace, and will help and push you to develop at an equally rapid rate. Working as part of a team of seasoned product managers, you will report to the Group Product Director and will have frequent and significant exposure to the most senior leadership in the organization. You'll have the scope to push the boundaries, to test, develop and implement disruptive new ideas and opportunities with your own Agile team, and be well rewarded and recognized for doing so.
You'll get experience of building strategic partnerships with other key stakeholders (SEO, SEM, marketing, sales, customer service and product functions) to capture business requirements, plan product features and evaluate product performance along key KPIs.
What You'll Do:
Simply put, you'll be responsible for turning traveler traffic into rental bookings & revenue. As a Senior Product Manager in this pivotal role, you'll be defining and executing your own project roadmap to do this, driving key initiatives for the Rentals Consumer experience to optimize one of our main TripAdvisor revenue channels.
You'll be responsible for creating best in class customer experiences that engage our users and compel them to transact with us more often. You'll be motivated by a fast paced & Agile environment and excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously to test and execute immediate change.
You will drive new product strategy through identifying, analyzing and implementing game changing innovations as well as improve existing product performance by using web analytics to identify incremental enhancements.
To be a successful candidate, you will be passionate about data and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Partnering closely with your Agile Technical team, you'll be releasing products regularly with constant iteration and reliance on quantitative and qualitative metrics to help define further optimizations and enhancements.
Responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Product management of the Rentals public facing websites, to improve traveler conversion into bookings & revenue
- Define and execute the Product vision for the rentals consumer experience, identifying areas where improvement is needed; defining a project roadmap and delivering on it.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to business opportunities, technical problems and customer needs
- Manage technical projects, track progress towards milestones, and keep tabs on all the moving parts of agile planning and development cycles.
- Live in the data, and believe the best way to democratize product decisions is digging in to the metrics for insights.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Understand the needs of internal stakeholders
- Own and develop full business cases, including evaluation and recommendation of options
- Present key recommendations and results to senior leadership
- Execute your own communications - socializing your scope, goals, objectives and results widely across the organization
- Project manage the delivery & implementation of your products, managing your own Agile scrum team & QA activities, tracking the effectiveness and success of the final deliverables
What We Seek:
- 4+ years of product management experience.
- Proven history of developing high quality digital user experiences
- Experience in e-commerce and conversion focused role preferred.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- Familiarity with travel industry concepts, practices and procedures is nice to have
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time.
- Experience of working with Technology teams to develop product, providing clear product direction, background and user stories.
- Prior experience with Agile methodology a strong benefit but not essential
- Ability to understand and drive improvements across all elements of the User Experience (Functionality, Design, Content and Usability)
- Strong customer-centric communication skills. Displays 'grace under pressure' ethic at all times, with both customers and peers.
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate innovative and effective actions plans to resolve issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations, with a global team, on occasions across multiple time zones.
Able to travel (once a quarter maximum).
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top