Senior Product Designer
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Are you excited about designing experiences that are changing the way people travel? Do you love doing work that is inspiring, innovative, and intuitive? Are you ready to help craft experiences that will define the future of booking?
TripAdvisor is looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to design engaging experiences on TripAdvisor's web and mobile platforms. TripAdvisor is the world's largest travel community -- enabling travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip by helping them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat.
You'll get to work with a world-class team of designers, engineers, researchers and product managers. We design by putting the user first, understanding who we're designing for and back up decisions with real data.
What will be asked of you:
- Follow a user-centered design process, understanding real user motivations, behaviors and goals.
- Ensure designs communicate consistent, effective experiences and messages across all platforms.
- Rapidly produce solutions using sketches, wireframes and prototypes while instinctively knowing the proper level of detail to present to communicate your point of view while remaining efficient.
- Take full ownership and responsibility of your work for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and team members to brainstorm new products, features and functionalities that enhance our mobile and web experiences.
- Help create, maintain and enforce the brand book, templates, style guides and toolkits.
Who You Are:
- 5 to 9 years of experience designing for web and native iOS/Android.
- Your online portfolio showcases your design chops and demonstrates originality, innovation, and strong problem-solving skills.
- You've shipped many responsive, iOS and Android experiences over the years, and understand what it takes to create intuitive, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and look to improve your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for preference tests.
- Positive contributor that understands how to both shape amazing experiences as well as the power of prototyping and UI animation.
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Principle, Zeplin, Illustrator, InVision.
- Excellent communicator and can also successfully collaborate with others.
- Involvement in a variety of international and national projects
- Opportunities to contribute to improvement of key initiatives
- Catered lunches
- Happy hours and fun social gatherings
- Being a part of largest travel site in the world.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top