Senior Media Manager
TripAdvisor is looking for an experienced Senior Media Manager to oversee TV media in multiple international markets. The candidate will work with agency partners and internal stakeholders to translate business and brand goals into effective TV media plans that drive return on advertising spend and help build the TripAdvisor brand.
The Senior Media Manager will report to the Director of Media and serve as the primary contact for select media agency partners in international markets.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of media agencies during plan development to ensure work is on strategy, on time and on budget.
- Analyze campaigns based on key media metrics and business objectives. Have a strong analytical background and leverage internal dashboards and tools to validate and inform media plans.
- Optimize campaigns based on key dimensions, including network, daypart, creative etc. Make real-time decisions to lift performance and drive business goals.
- Drive test and learn opportunities. Provide thought leadership in developing testing agendas.
- Manage media budget and identify appropriate spend levels based on both site data and agency insights.
- Motivate agencies to deliver top-notch insight and creative solutions.
- Monitor trends in the industry: analyze the competitive landscape and emerging applications to identify opportunities for TripAdvisor.
- Experience with direct response or performance-driven campaigns is a plus.
- Develop a working playbook for each market that identifies local nuances, best practices and shapes long-term vision.
What you will bring to the team:
- 5-8 years of experience at a media agency or in media at a consumer brand, or a combination of both.
- Experience managing media in markets outside the United States.
- A keen understanding of media fundamentals including experience and interest across TV and offline media.
- Comfortable in a data-driven environment and adept at Excel, Tableau and generating reports.
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly.
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Provide point-of-view, while working cross-functionally and encouraging other perspectives.
- An ability to simultaneously support brand goals and business objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills: a team player, positive and collaborative.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top