Senior Manager, International Tax
- We at TripAdvisor are very excited about our international expansion and the many new products we are adding. It’s a great time to join our team and play a key role in our growth.
- We are seeking a Senior International Tax Manager, reporting to the Director of International Tax, to primary manage our global day to day tax operations and provide tax planning and structuring support for our businesses.
- The support includes a range from designing and implementing structures to quarterly SEC reporting work and compliance.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership and communication skills, ability to work well with various functions and attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day tax operations of our growing international business
- Analyze and assist with the implementation of international tax planning strategies and management of existing structures
- Advise on international tax aspects of business expansion, including entering into new markets and cross-border transactions involving multiple tax jurisdictions
- Assist in transfer pricing analysis and provide support in the development of transfer pricing methodologies. Strong working understanding of Cost Sharing Arrangements is a big plus.
- Partner with business leaders, tax, finance, treasury, legal, and external advisers on various business and tax planning matters
- Review contracts and collaborate with business leaders and legal to ensure contracts contain key terms that are consistent with global tax structure and to minimize potential tax risks to the company
- Assist with international tax aspects of IRS audits and certain foreign country local income tax audits
- Assist in the determination of tax consequences related to international mergers, acquisitions, reorganization and divestments.
- Assist in analysis and recommendation on global funding decisions and new legal entities’ ownership structures
- Partner closely with Domestic Tax team with respect to the Quarterly Provision process:
- Review foreign subsidiaries tax provision
- Provide guidance on tax return to provision process.
- Analyze subpart F income and FTC positions during the quarter estimates and year-end tax
- Manage the foreign subsidiaries as well as US income tax compliance requirements as they relate to foreign operations including computation of subpart F income, earnings & profits, foreign tax credit and all related forms, disclosures and schedules.
- Advise and partner with human resources and business divisions regarding the tax implications of expatriate assignments and short term international transfers.
- Research complex tax issues and prepare technical documentation
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation and assist in defining and implementing appropriate international tax planning strategies
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline.
- Masters in Taxation or J.D. preferred.
- 8+ years of directly-related experience
- CPA is preferred
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication, project management and organization skills required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Back to top