Senior Manager, Brand & Communications
Senior Manager, Brand & Communications
San Francisco, US
Who we are:
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel site, visited by 390 million travellers each month, and our Attractions business is a fascinating, fast-growing part of the organization. With the world’s largest selection of bookable experiences coupled with unparalleled traveler insights and advice, we’re evolving the entire attractions industry. We’re making lines and FOMO things of the past to help travelers take the best possible trips.
A skip the line tour of the Louvre? A trek through the snowy Himalayan Peaks into Everest base camp? Floating across the Kruger on an air balloon safari? Check, check, check. TripAdvisor Attractions offers unforgettable and easy-to-book experiences all over the world for every traveler.
Why this job is excellent:
As the Senior Manager, Brand & Communications, you’ll have a chance to shape the perception of the attractions industry’s pioneering product. You’ll have a say in all communications from and about this organization – internal, external, corporate and consumer. You’ll work alongside a diverse and passionate team from all over the world to get the right message in front of the right audiences. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone keen to develop their skills in a diverse communications role encompassing consumer and corporate PR, content marketing and B2B marketing.
Working alongside seasoned content, communications and marketing professionals – as well as colleagues from every area of the attractions business – you’ll report to the Director of Communications for Rentals and Attractions (based in Boston), with a dotted line into the Senior Director of Global Communications (based in Needham).
You’ll work with Director and Senior Director of Global Communications and the wider team to devise, implement and execute the global communications strategy for our attractions business. You’ll also be the on-the-ground communications expert for our San Francisco office, where most of the attractions team is based. You’ll work with the entire organization to ensure everyone’s on message and on brand, no matter what their role – whether they’re presenting at a sales conference, speaking to a journalist, or working on the customer service lines.
- Collaborate with the team to devise, implement and execute the global communications strategy
- Work with communications teams and agencies around the world to ensure TripAdvisor is known as the leader in the Attractions space, both in the consumer and B2B space
- Be the on-the-ground communications resource for the San Francisco office, where the majority of the Attractions staff is based
- Coordinate, globally, all external communications - including media pitches, consumer announcements, partnership announcements, product launches, large activations and more
- Ensure all teams deliver a consistent messaging about TripAdvisor’s Attractions business
- Manage speaking opportunities (calendar and messaging)
- Assist in creation of brand guidelines
- Assist in creation of the B2B content marketing program
- Assist in internal communications
What We Seek
We’re seeking an experienced and enthusiastic communications professional who has the capability and confidence to plan and implement far-reaching communications campaigns. TripAdvisor is a fast-paced environment so the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is crucial.
- Minimum 5-7+ years PR and/or communications experience in an agency or in house role
- A cross-section of experience in external, internal, corporate and consumer communications
- Experience launching and leading a communications strategy
- Content marketing experience preferred
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent media relationships
- Excellent project management skills
- Teamwork skills essential
- Keen interest in travel – understanding of the travel/hospitality industry and business models would be a plus
- Highly self-motivated and independent
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top