Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Tripadvisor's Machine Learning group works on machine learning and statistical analysis problems across several areas of the company. These include a diverse set of problems including personalization, fraud detection, search / navigation, and content curation. We use advanced techniques in natural language understanding, statistical NLP, recommender systems, information retrieval, statistical inference, social network analysis, and machine vision.
We are looking for an experienced machine learning engineer / data scientist with broad knowledge of machine learning techniques to help design and implement machine learning solutions throughout the company. You'll be relied upon to find new opportunities to use these techniques to improve TripAdvisor's business. You'll be working with a multidisciplinary team of smart people including data scientists, developers, and product managers. You will be testing your hypotheses and product on our 455M monthly unique visitors. You must be comfortable communicating your approaches to project managers across the company.
What you will bring to the team:
- PhD (preferred) or Masters in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Operations Research or similar field OR 5 years industry experience in same.
- Excellent communications skills
- A passion for solving real world problems with machine learning
- Experience working with natural language, machine vision, collaborative filtering, clustering, classification, regression, information retrieval, and/or statistical modeling.
- Fluency with statistical / ML tools such as R, Python scikit-learn, Keras, or Tensorflow
- Knowledge and experience of SQL and relational databases
A plus if you can bring:
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Redshift, Spark or other big data tools
- Proficiency in a general purpose programming language, including but not limited to Java or C++
Back to top