Senior IT Auditor
- We’re looking for a Senior IT Auditor to assist us in performing internal, compliance, and SOX audits.
- The Senior Auditor will assist the Director of SOX Compliance and other individuals from the management team with planning, organizing, and executing audits throughout the Company (including business process reviews, IT system reviews, financial, operational, compliance, and internal controls).
- Entities reviewed will include Corporate and subsidiary business unit locations.
- Based on the advice and guidance from the Senior Manager, the Senior Auditor will support the completion of all audit work covering all projects, including aid in the annual Sarbanes Oxley internal control audit.
- The Senior Auditor will also aid ongoing transition of a newly public company.
- This may include helping with other TripAdvisor finance and accounting initiatives that go beyond performing internal audits.
- Given the range of potential projects and audits, the Senior Auditor must be adaptable and able to manage learning new concepts and risks.
- The Senior Auditor must be hard-working and eager to learn, as this position offers the opportunity to develop your skills across a broad range of business areas and projects.
- Obtain understanding of the business areas and information systems, performing risk assessments and evaluating critical business and IT processes
- Perform process mapping, audit test design and execution
- Plan, scope, set requirements, schedule, execute and document audit effort and results with advice and guidance from the Senior Manager
- Collaboratively work with relevant stakeholders in proposing recommendations and appropriate corrective actions to address any areas of concern
- Provide control support to external auditors during quarterly and year-end reviews for the financial statement and Sarbanes Oxley audits
- Other general audit projects and work as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, management information systems or equivalent with a demonstrated high level of academic success
- Advanced degree and/or professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP is a plus
- 3+ years of business experience in auditing (technology industry is preferred)
- Knowledge of all accounting functions and related internal controls over financial reporting, including revenue recognition and general IT Controls
- Experience in utilizing a risk-based audit approach
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- Highly skilled in MS Excel and MS Word
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Back to top