Senior Financial Analyst
This role will be an integral part of the TripAdvisor Financial, Planning & Analysis team with an initial focus on supporting the TripAdvisor Display and Auction Sales teams. This role requires an independent, proactive and organized candidate who will adapt well in a dynamic environment.
- As the primary finance contact you will build strong business partner relationships with key leaders responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the world’s largest travel website
- Leverage these relationships to perform monthly headcount and operating expense forecasting
- Construct detailed financial models utilizing Hyperion Essbase, WorkDay, and Excel and be able to communicate outcomes and recommendations effectively
- Work closely with TripAdvisor accounting team to ensure expenses are properly recorded and work with business partners to understand significant variances between forecast and actual results
- Develop and apply an advanced technical understanding of Hyperion Systems and work closely with the Hyperion Administration team to maintain foreign exchange, compensation, and benefit rates utilized by finance teams across the TripAdvisor Media Group
- Assist FP&A team on reporting actual and forecast variances on a monthly basis to Sr. Management, including the CFO
- As an essential part of the TripAdvisor FP&A team you will be expected to be flexible and assist with Adhoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- MBA a big plus
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Prior experience with business partner relationship management, particularly with a sales or marketing team or similar operational business unit
- Strong relationship building experience with ability to guide and influence key business unit owners
- Thorough knowledge of Excel and its data and analysis tools
- Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Essbase skills a plus
- SQL coding skills a plus
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills, with a demonstrated passion for using data to drive decision making
- Extremely organized with the ability to contribute to multiple projects within tight time lines
- A team player, able to step in and help out other members of the team when needed
- An inquisitive nature, someone who wants to explore variances and understand the root cause
- An individual who is able to work effectively in a complex, changing environment and to adapt to change while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Strong presentation skills
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Back to top