Senior Director of Sales
Experiences is a fast-growing subsidiary of TripAdvisor Inc. in the $200 billion attractions market. We have recently made an acquisition of a Software company, Bokun, and are seeking a Sr. Director of Sales to expand its supplier footprint across the globe.
Bokun provides a software platform that allows experiences suppliers to run, manage, and market their business. The Sr. Director of Sales is responsible for leading, planning, and managing a team of sales managers, marketing and sales operations managers as they support new sales to attractions suppliers. The objective is to scale the Software business rapidly and sustainably. You are an inquisitive and inspiring leader who takes ownership of the vision for growth and you'll drive Experiences towards being a key contributor to TAMG's success.
You report directly to the VP of Business Development and work closely with Product, Supply, Finance, and Engineering leads across the Experiences team. You possess strong skills in sales, negotiation, new business ventures, leadership, influence, and change management. You thrive on overcoming obstacles, and are analytically-minded when solving problems.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Build a detailed understanding of the experiences Saas market, including the tours and activities operators universe globally
- Devise and execute a global sales and marketing strategy to rapidly expand our supplier footprint through optimizing the sales funnel and cycle
- Negotiate and close key suppliers that support the long-term growth of the business
- Work closely with other members of the Experiences organization, including product, analytics, account management, customer service and finance
- Maintain and share knowledge of global market conditions, competition, and opportunities
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Exhibit determination and resilience in the face of obstacles or challenges
- Treat problems as puzzles finding creative and ingenious solutions
- Show curiosity and inquisitiveness in all areas and functions of the business
- Takes ownership and accountability over critical outcomes that the business needs
- Actively seeks evidence and data for answering key questions
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner. Ability to persuade and influence key decision makers across various functions throughout the business
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Proven ability to develop team members, encouraging people to reach their potential whilst providing regular feedback and guidance
Key Skills / Experience:
- 10+ years of sales and business development experience; with at least 5 years successfully managing and mentoring a global sales team
- Experience in high-tech, e-commerce, fast growth business strongly preferred
- Confident presenter with excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Target-driven and motivated self-starter with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to think across commercial, product and technical elements of partnerships
- High attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top