Senior Director of Analytics
TripAdvisor is hiring a Business Analytics Sr Director to lead our Analytics and Warehouse teams in this exciting growth phase of both TripAdvisor's vacation rentals and TripAdvisor's Attractions businesses. Reporting into the VP of Traffic and Analytics, you will lead the Analytics efforts for both the Vacation Rentals and Attractions' businesses across our 8 global brands, you will define the goals and roadmap of the Analytics' traveler and supply teams, and you will support numerous groups within the business with analytic insights.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the Vacation Rentals' and Experiences' analytics teams.
- Manage our Data Warehouse.
- Manage a global analytics team across four offices.
- Help us to improve our business by providing analytic insight and support to all aspects of our businesses (such as revenue optimization, A/B testing, consumer analytics/behavior, marketing ROI analysis).
- Perform weekly and monthly management-level reports, synthesized from numerous sources, focused on actionable data.
- Identify key success indicators and determine best practices for measurement and reporting.
- Define data requirements and ensure data quality.
- Use analytics to create concepts, justify business cases and manage the implementation of improvements to the website experience for travelers and owners.
- The individual must be able to partner across functions (e.g. Management Team, Customer Care, Product, Supply, Marketing).
- 10+ years' experience in an analytical role (web analytics, finance, consulting)
- Master's degree strongly preferred with a strong focus in statistics, analytics and/or engineering
- Expert ability with Excel and SQL.
- Excellent analytical skills including problem solving, attention to detail and clear communication of complex results.
- Experience building a Warehouse.
- Proven ability to work with the processes and technologies of large datasets.
- Management Experience: High level people skills (successfully managed a team of analysts) and communication skills (successfully influenced across all levels/functions).
- Deliver insights using creativity and pragmatism...get us to the so what? fast.
- An independent thinker, prepared to go against the flow.
- Proactive approach with hands on / can-do mindset.
- Passionate about travel, TripAdvisor and its marketplace.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top