Senior Director, Brand Marketing
- New York, NY
At Tripadvisor, we believe there's good out there. We understand that travel brings out the best in us, while lifting deserving businesses and strengthening the communities we meet along the way. We know that as the world's largest travel site, we're here to inspire and empower people to explore our world with confidence - and share their trip experiences with others. And every day, we see our ideas come to life in work that enables travelers to discover all the good the world has to offer. As part of the Tripadvisor team, you'll have the opportunity to do the same.
In 2020, we will deliver billions of communications across every channel that inspire and help people travel better.
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring us your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
About the role:
We are looking for a well rounded marketing leader with experience in fast paced and agile (preferably tech) businesses. Working with our VP of Brand, New Ventures and Partnerships, you will be responsible for driving the marketing strategies for not just one of the best known travel brands, but one of the most recognized digital brands in the world with a global reach of over 450 million travelers a month. Your role will be to activate our brand, increase awareness and generate revenue by driving traveler traffic, as well as acquisition and retention of users for Tripadvisor's direct to consumer initiatives. Leading a small team of brand and partnership managers, your primary focus at the outset will be finding innovative and creative ways to promote and grow the Tripadvisor brand, as well as leading product marketing for our expanding direct to consumer offerings. Experience working with subscription products and services would be a real asset, as (with your help) we grow exponentially in this area.
This an entrepreneurial role that requires strategic, analytical, and creative skills including design sensibility. The ideal candidate will have the ability to operate at all levels, and switch gears quickly - helping create strategic initiatives in partnership with key stakeholders in brand, design, and product, and quickly shifting into execution mode, maximizing internal resources and channels while leveraging key relationships. We are a lean, agile marketing team, and the right candidate thrives on the opportunities and challenges this presents.
You will be joining a collaborative, cross functional organization and play a key part in changing how our brand and products are experienced by millions of travelers.
- In conjunction with key stakeholders, define marketing team goals and objectives for brand, and direct to consumer product groups
- Plan, implement and manage the overall marketing strategy, identifying the key brand moments to prioritize that will drive awareness, brand consideration, and revenue
- Partner with internal and external teams on creative and content marketing strategy
- Define, measure and report on the performance of our brand including awareness, consideration, and NPS in addition to results of all paid and earned marketing channels/campaigns with focused assessment against brand and DTC product ROI and KPI goals
- Work closely with Product owners to ensure voice of traveler is driving product decisions and that marketing is in support of Product goals
- Partner with product owners to inform our product roadmap
- Collaborate with design and creative teams to develop go-to-market and in-product campaigns
- Manage customer segmentation strategy and develop smart attribution modeling, ensuring we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right place and time
- Use data and analysis to make evidence-based decisions while driving innovative creative strategies
- Develop a scalable growth strategy through our direct-to-consumer channels while also evaluating other sales/distribution channels for our content and products
- Coach, develop, and recruit a team, own communication across partner teams
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 10+ year's experience
- Demonstrated experience growing and executing on a brand and customer strategy
- Have experience in rethinking, evolving, building new marketing strategies for a business with compelling business results
- Results-driven marketer with exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience partnering with data science and analytics teams to develop best-in-class models and diagnostics that drive performance improvement
- Experience developing marketing strategies for software or digital products.
- Creative problem-solving skills with focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking
- Exceptional project management and organization skills, with a keen eye for detail, requiring minimal supervision
- Lean-in, proactive & independent, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs/processes
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with a variety of teams from Engineering to Design
- Must exhibit superb verbal and written communication skills with a high degree of comfort interpreting results and communicating insights effectively
- Passion for user engagement
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
Back to top