Senior DevOps Engineer
Are you a developer with a proven track record who wants to do more than write code all day? Do you run your own servers at home and think about running them professionally? Are you passionate about technology and enjoy improving the engineering culture? TripAdvisor, the world's largest and most trusted travel media site, is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to scale our systems to support our global operations.
- Achieve expert-level understanding of TripAdvisor systems, code, and infrastructure
- Assist and supervise others in maintaining and augmenting development systems
- Move key components of the dev, build and CI infrastructure to kubernetes and docker
- Be ultimately responsible for the correct operations of key infrastructure, driving strategic improvements to ensure scalability
- Research, qualify, write, and deploy new tools and systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience in an operations role supporting a 24/7 production environment, or ownership of personal internet-accessible servers operating 24/7
- Organized, good attention to details, and able to work both independently and with a team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced operations environment with frequent interruptions and irregular hours
- Strong written and verbal communications in English
- Experience with a full web serving stack, including databases, logging, and monitoring
- Professional experience managing development tools including revision control systems and continuous integration environments
- Knowledge of performance tuning and system load assessment
The qualified individual will be a part of a world-class engineering team in our operations department, where we move fast and reward attitude and ability. Your expertise will help TripAdvisor to continue to be a trusted source of information for our 390M+ monthly visitors, who count on our 500M+ reviews and opinions. We've built an open, flexible, and collaborative work culture, with the benefits of being a growing, financially successful business.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top