Senior Desktop Support Engineer
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, is looking for a talented Senior Desktop Support Engineer for a key role on the IT Support team.
The IT Support team’s responsibility is to provide gold standard end-user support and maintenance to internal employees. Support is provided both in-person and remotely and includes the support of laptop computers, mobile devices, printers, IP telephones, audio/video equipment, video conferencing systems, the administration of our self-service portals, Exchange email and calendaring, access control for Windows and Linux file servers, and our Asterisk-based IP telephony system….yeah, that’s a lot.
What you will do
- Provide premier customer service focusing on the end-user at all times.
- Be responsive to ticketed customer service requests, as well as, business needs.
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Microsoft SCCM and/or Casper JAMF
- Experience reporting with Microsoft SCCM and utilizing Microsoft SQL Reporter
- Proficiency with utilizing PowerShell to automate common tasks
- Knowledge of and experience with Python scripting is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with reporting and automated ticket flow within Atlassian’s Jira Ticketing System is a plus
- Support Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS X, iPads, and mobile phones including iPhones and Android phones.
- Configure and deploy Windows 7/10 and Mac OS X through imaging technologies including SCCM, PXE Boot, and CloneZilla and stand-alone processes.
- Support enterprise level video conferencing including Cisco and BlueJeans technology.
- Support Exchange email for various mail clients including MS Outlook for Windows and OS X, Microsoft Outlook Web App, Mac Mail, and Thunderbird.
- Configure and support network printers for OS X and Windows.
- Support end-user’s VPN and two-factor authentication configuration.
- Maintain our end-user self-service portals, updating them on a regular basis and pointing out areas for improvement.
- Consistently update the ticketing system, ensuring proper documentation of all work effort
- Create KB articles for any work that the Desktop Team is not familiar with
- Be capable of working individually and as part of a team.
- Proactively address new and emerging problems.
What We Seek
- 7+ years experience working in IT support.
- Experience supporting both Windows and Apple computers as well as mobile devices.
- Desire to go above and beyond at all times to serve our customers and meet our deadlines.
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations and adapt quickly to change.
- The ability to work independently and with limited supervision while maintaining excellent communication with fellow team members.
- Exceptional time management capability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills.
- Flexible and open to change, adapts well to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Grasps the essence of new information without repeated training. Recognizes their own strengths and weaknesses, pursues self-development and feedback.
- Able to complete projects both supervised and unsupervised. Responsible for quality work while meeting deadlines.
- Constantly self-aware and looking for opportunities to improve both personal and team processes.
- Clear and effective communicator, able to distill information to an understandable form while communicating with end-users of various skill levels, and among various teams, levels, and locations within the organization.
Back to top