Senior Database Ops Engineer
The qualified individual will work at the center of a world-class engineering team in our operations department to help implement the tools to maintain database systems that are mission critical to the success of the organization. We’ve been successful at building an open, flexible, and collaborative work culture. At TripAdvisor, results and ability are rewarded, politics non-existent. We operate like a start-up, with a flexible culture populated by creative thinking doers having the benefit of being a growing, financially successful business.
- Build solutions to add robustness to our multiple data center environment. Develop solutions to streamline and optimize data movement between sites.
- Debug, remedy, and create automated solutions for operational issues in our environment
- Research, design, and implement new technologies for scaling our growing data sets and processing pipelines, for performance improvement and future capacity.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Deep understanding of at least one relational database flavor, operational experience with Postgres at scale is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with data analysis; able to both write sophisticated SQL queries and interpret the results.
- Experience performance tuning SQL and database schema.
- Strong experience with at least one scripting language (such as Perl, Ruby, or Python)
- Experience with performance tuning and system load assessment of linux/UNIX machines.
- Organized, good attention to details, and able to work independently.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced operations environment with frequent interruptions.
- Strong written and verbal communications in English.
- Experience operating Linux or UNIX systems in a 24/7 production environment
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with at least one statically typed, object-oriented language (such as Java, C++, or C#)
- Experience designing high availability solutions for database
- Operational familiarity with other relational databases such as MySql, MS SQL Server
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top