Senior Data Scientist - SEM
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Our team is great and we want to make it even better. Are you an exceptional, data-driven individual who wants to join our search engine marketing (SEM) analytics team? Yes? Cool, keep going. You will be responsible for driving millions of users to our global sites each month. Using data science techniques that include predictive modeling and machine learning, this role will be focused on optimizing our SEM campaigns in such areas as auction bid optimization, user-based targeting, remarketing, and landing page optimization.
Here is a little flavor for what you will be working on
- We are modeling how keywords monetize on the site.
- Improving our model of 2nd price auction dynamics on all the search engines.
- You will also model how valuable our users are and, we also, work on retargeting them according to that model.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Perform analysis and develop analytical models to maximize SEM revenue growth.
- Conduct rigorous testing of new algorithms.
- Prototype new bidding methods, write specifications, and collaborate with engineering to test and migrate new approaches into production code.
- Automate ETL and analytics processes.
- Provide advanced analytical support to the Global TripAdvisor organization.
What TripAdvisor is seeking in the Ideal candidate:
- A results-oriented person who thrives on data and measurement.
- Ability to extract actionable recommendations from imperfect data of formidable size.
- Proficiency with a statistical programming environment (e.g. R, Python).
- Proficiency in data manipulation, cleansing and interpretation.
- Close familiarity with SQL and Big Data technologies (e.g. Hive, Spark, etc.)
- 5 years of data science experience.
- Strong problem solving skills with a pragmatic approach to addressing challenges.
- Ability to work well with many types of people across multiple global offices.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking in a very fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with online auctions, A/B testing, digital advertising, or marketing analytics is a plus.
- This role will be a combination of individual projects as well as owning a piece of the pie
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top