Senior Data Scientist
TripAdvisor is looking for an experienced data scientist to join a dynamic and fast-paced team. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will apply your modeling skills to a wide variety of problems such as recommender systems, fraud-detection, online advertisement, and revenue optimization. You will deploy your solutions online and be able to observe the impact of your work in real time as you help the company grow.
We are looking for someone who is independent, curious, and motivated, who likes discussing ideas and will bring something new to the table. You will be working in a diverse environment where you’ll collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of smart people including data scientists, analysts, software engineers, and product managers. You’ll be encouraged to take ownership of your projects and to find new opportunities and problems where machine learning could be applied to improve the business.
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field (PhD preferred).
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics
- Solid foundation on data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in Python for numerical/statistical programming (our group relies heavily on Numpy/Pandas/Scikit-learn)
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hive and Spark
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience for PhDs, 4 years for Masters.
- Deep learning
- Experience with online business
- Proficiency in Java
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top