TripAdvisor is seeking a passionate data-driven leader to analyze our content and drive innovative solutions enabling us to be the best in class travel content resource. The main focus of this role will be on detecting and preventing review fraud by analyzing data centered around user behavior.
Success in this role means you have strong analytic capability and believe that data analysis is the best way to build a successful product.
The Senior Analyst will go above and beyond providing reports and analyses - to consulting on product design and customer experience. Completely embedded in the product management team, we’ll count on the Data Analyst Lead to identify, design, and implement statistical analyses, and contribute directly to the prioritization of the roadmap of our Content products, including Data Quality, Tools & Workflow and User Engagement.
What You'll Do:
● You’ll live in the data. You’re primarily responsible for uncovering opportunities to detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
● You will drive content improvement and growth with an intelligent mixture of traditional and innovative means through routine analysis of data metrics.
● Design and execute large scale data pulls related to compliance and operational investigations.
● Develop, pilot, and implement fraud reduction solutions based on above findings.
● Together with product managers and Engineering, define data goals for specific projects that simultaneously define project success while also resulting in a meaningful business outcome.
● You’ll fully own data quality and make sure nothing gets lost in translation by owning and evangelizing the Dashboards we use to communicate our impact at both the strategic and tactical levels.
● Your expertise will recommend the best course of action by performing deep analysis of data quality and workflow efficiencies. You will leverage your experience in user behavior patterns and fraud activity to protect our data and our consumers from fraudulent and untrustworthy content and users. You’ll influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company. Utilize strong verbal and written presentations skills to impact change at all levels of the corporation. Reduce fraud issues and improve overall content quality.
● Together with Product Leadership and Engineering, create data models that define content quality issues, workflow efficiencies or inefficiencies and overall system performance that then drive projects to ensure continuous improvement in those areas.
● Maintain a working knowledge of data mining and visualization best practices.
What We Seek:
● Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred with a concentration in Finance, Behavioral Science, Business, Economics, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, or Statistics/Mathematics.
● 4 to 6 years of experience conducting data mining and analysis activities, preferably with related datasets (e.g. user generated content).
● Deep expertise with SQL and working with databases is a must. Hive / Hadoop cluster querying a plus
● Strong experience with Tableau (or similar Business Intelligence tools) or demonstrated capability to provide intelligence in a similar manner
● Passion for driving business decisions using data-driven insights that result in superior quality
● A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, entrepreneurship, and tenacity while working independently.
● Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills. The ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives.
● Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding and ever-changing environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team. You will be confident partnering with other departments.
● Excellent communication skills. The ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight that can be digested in a minimum amount of time.