Senior Customer Relations Associate
The Senior Customer Relations Associate will work in an exciting, dynamic and driven environment where customer complaints are handled with the highest priority. Often taking the role of mediator, you will liaise with key internal stakeholders and external customers to ensure successful remedy of disputes and problems, ensuring every issue is logged appropriately. Reporting into the Customer Relations Lead you will assist in analysis of complaint drivers and assist in training the frontline customer support team to reduce these complaints. In addition, you’ll be given responsibility of Manager on Duty as needed.
- Maintaining professionalism while handling high priority and sensitive customer support cases
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment and following up to ensure resolution.
- Follow company guidelines while thinking quickly and outside the box to offer solutions to meet the customer’s needs while considering business impact.
- Recognize and report trending issues in a timely manner.
- Organize and prioritize workload while adapting to urgent issues that may arise.
- Demonstrate pro-activity in identifying and acting upon areas where the business could improve in both product and service.
- Facilitate and assist with training and focus groups.
- Act as Manager on Duty when required.
- Work as a liaison between customers and our product and development teams, which includes summarizing customer feedback and issues to help manage prioritization of development work.
- Champion new department initiatives and best practices.
- Willingness to work occasional weekends to cover as a Real Time Floor Manager for the global operation
- +1 year relevant experience in a customer service role is required
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, logical common sense and a confident telephone manner.
- Traveller-focused with the ability to work effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Superb ability to control complaints, mediate and ensure acceptable resolution for all parties.
- Strong problem solving skills/ability to empathize with customer.
- Ability to assess the customer and adjust communication style accordingly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to positively influence others.
- Ability to effectively multi-task during and after calls and follow through in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Previous experience handling customer issues via phone, email and social media.
- Ability to work in high stress environment; managing stress in a professional manner and without disruption to the operation, employees, or customers.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to change in a constructive manner.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top