Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
We are looking for an energetic and analytical individual with strong attention to detail and proven ecommerce experience to assist the Senior Flights Inventory and Content Manager in ensuring the quality of our operations meets the highest of standards.
Using your ecommerce and analytical skills, the Flights Operations Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the smooth “behind the scenes” operations across our Flights product by working with our various teams to ensure our offerings are optimal, accurate, compliant and comprehensive, and to address issues in performance by quickly identifying “patterns in the chaos”.
They will be a strong contributor to a fast-paced, global team focused on creating a top quality flight shopping experience across all of TripAdvisor’s points of sale with a locally relevant experience.
TripAdvisor Flights provides a unique work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a start-up, within a thriving, growing and world-class industry brand.
- Build/manage monitoring tools to ensure speed, “fullness” of results, accuracy and compliance from our partners, and actively identify and report any issues related to those attributes.
- Proactively seek new and innovative ways to expand current content offering within regulatory, trading terms and cost constraints.
- Ensure maximum inventory coverage per partner for each point of sale based on industry wide and carrier benchmarks as well as internal changes in collaboration with the business development team.
- Partner closely with Business Development to implement new partner connections.
- Ensure flights results are correctly triaged, validated, grouped and sorted in the user interface.
- Monitor provider handoff process and user feedback to ensure seamless user experience and pricing consistency/accuracy between Tripadvisor and handoff providers.
- Assist your manager in providing feedback to the customer service team related to user feedback/complaints.
- Analyze fare cache quality and coverage to ensure key points of sale and destinations are being covered and accurate prices are being reflected in all marketing communication from TripAdvisor.
- 4+ years of experience with at least 2 years in ecommerce in large transactional website companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, math, or related field.
- Attention to detail essential.
- Excellent analytical abilities with the capacity to understand when to apply the 80/20 rule.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction while also functioning and contributing as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel required, SQL or similar query language experience preferred.
- Ability to translate and present technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to distill large amounts of information into succinct actionable and measurable steps.
- Willingness to pull up their sleeves and dig in to get things done and a sense of humor are a must.
- Airline experience/interest welcome
- Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top