Senior Business Analyst, Big Data
As Senior Business Analyst, you will deliver analysis and insight that will contribute to driving revenue growth for TripAdvisor’s core business. You will work closely with the global Key Account Sales teams of account management, bid optimization, ad operations, product, yield management, and analytics, as well as other stakeholders across the business. TripAdvisor provides a unique work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a start-up, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver business insight both proactively and reactively to help maximize revenue opportunities across all markets globally.
- You will balance your investment of time with the appropriate level of detail and accuracy required.
- This work will be ad-hoc in nature and form a significant part of the role.
- Develop, publish and monitor KPI’s to measure the efficiency of our account management efforts.
- You will cultivate an intimate knowledge of the metrics used to measure the business.
- Make tactical recommendations to improve partner performance based on KPI’s and data analysis, while helping the account management team stay focused on the best opportunities.
- Support the Key Accounts Product, Bid Optimization, Operations, and Yield Management teams with insight into opportunities they are focused on.
- Build automated reporting & tools to provide sales insight into the business and support the data exchange with our partners.
- Produce market intelligence for our partners by mining internal and external data available.
- Optimize the production of data for business reviews presented to TripAdvisor’s partners.
- Monitor and identify any irregularities in data which may help to identify issues with products or operational processes.
- Troubleshoot problems which have led to the issues identified.
- Act as an analysis tools and data repository expert. Develop a deep knowledge of all sources of data required to deliver the insight required by the Key Accounts group.
- You will manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, and partner with other teams within the business to achieve your goals.
What We Seek:
- 5 to 7 years of experience as a Business Analyst or Commercial Analyst for an online business
- Background in supporting a sales organization.
- Experience working for an online publisher/retailer, search engine, or a background in online advertising/media is highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL required.
- Must be comfortable working with large volumes of data.
- Experience with querying PostGres databases preferred.
- Hive / Hadoop experience a plus.
- You will have excellent problem-solving & analytical skills.
- The ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight targeted to the audience, that can be digested and understood rapidly.
- You will apply strong written, verbal, and data visualization skills to explain/translate complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Willingness to learn new analysis techniques, tools, and technologies.
- Experience with using data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) is desirable.
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, entrepreneurship, and tenacity while working independently.
- You will thrive on challenges and will not be deterred by difficult situations.
- You will work proactively rather than reactively.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team.
- You will be confident partnering with other departments, and leaders within the business to achieve your objectives.
- You must be comfortable with and adaptable to change.
- We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are never satisfied with the status quo.
- You will drive your own career progression.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, TripAdvisor is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Back to top