Senior Business Analyst, Attractions Team
• You’ll live in the data. You’re primarily responsible for uncovering opportunities to drive growth in user engagement and revenue through routine analysis of performance metrics.
• You’ll light the way forward. Together with product managers, define data goals for specific revenue growth projects that simultaneously define project success while also resulting in a meaningful business outcome.
• You’ll fully own data quality and make sure nothing gets lost in translation by owning and evangelizing the Dashboards we use to communicate our impact at both the strategic and tactical levels.
• Your expertise will recommend the best course of action by performing deep analysis of completed A/B tests that assess impact across a range of metrics.
• You’ll influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company. Together with Product Leadership, create growth models that forecast revenue growth, identifying areas where improvement is needed and identify new supply opportunities.
• You’ll guide the business in our evolution from change from thinking about revenue as a “per session” metric to a function of the lifetime value of each customer.
• Maintain a working knowledge of data mining and visualization best practices.
What We Seek:
• Deep expertise with SQL and working with databases is a must. Amazon Redshift PostgreSQL highly desirable. Hive / Hadoop cluster querying a plus
• Deep experience with Tableau (or similar Business Intelligence tools)
• Passion for driving business decisions using data-driven insights that result in superior growth
• A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, entrepreneurship, and tenacity while working independently. You will thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You will work proactively rather than reactively.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst or Commercial Analyst for an online consumer transactional business, with a background in supporting a growth product or marketing organization. Travel industry experience is a plus.
• Hands on experience working with very large data sets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation.
• You will have excellent problem-solving & analytical skills. The ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives.
• You have relentlessly high standards, and are not satisfied with status quo.
• Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team. You will be confident partnering with other departments.
• Excellent communication skills. The ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight that can be digested in a minimum amount of time.
• You must be comfortable with and adaptable to change. Confident with learning new tools and technologies. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
• Emotional and professional maturity required along with great people and relationship skills.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top