Do you enjoy digging into the data to figure out complex problems?
Are you excited by the idea of having real-time impacts on business metrics?
Do you want lots of responsibility on high-exposure fast-paced projects?
TripAdvisor is seeking a Senior Analyst/Scientist to apply creative quantitative problem solving to some of our most complicated problems. You’ll need to collaborate well with the data science, analytics, engineering and product teams. Your work will have direct impacts on our traveler’s experience and on our business operations.
What You'll Do
- Propose, design, implement and analyze experiments to the vacation rentals sort order with the objective of providing better recommendations to our travelers.
- Design, implement, trouble-shoot, test and analyze our strategies of acquiring traffic through paid search and display marketing.
- Investigate interactions between systems for SEM bidding
- Build and test new methods for computing bid multipliers
- Quickly find and fix bugs and biases that reduce efficiency
- Work with our Data Scientist team to create new models optimizing our sort order and bidding algorithms.
- Provide timely insights and analytical support to different internal business customers to support effective business decision-making.
- Assist with ad hoc queries and provide analytical support to our fast-growing business as it evolves.
- Provide weekly and monthly management-level reports, synthesized from numerous sources, focused on actionable data.
- 3+ years’ experience in an analytical role
- MS or PhD strongly preferred in quantitative field
- Expert in SQL
- Exposure to Java and/or Python
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with various audiences of level and function
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top