TripAdvisor is seeking a Senior Analyst/Scientist to join our Revenue Management team in the Experiences and Rentals business unit to solve our most complicated problems.
Your work will have direct impacts on our traveler's experience and on our business operations and will therefore have high exposure to senior management.
What Revenue Management Is
- A small high-impact team that owns the algorithms that maximize business objectives
- Balances time between long-term projects and real-time firefighting
- Collaborates with...
- Data Science to optimize our sort order improve the user experience
- Product to support additional features on the site
- Analytics to investigate trends and identify opportunities
- Supply to make sure we are operating an efficient marketplace
- Traffic to efficiently increase revenue across all channels
- Provides weekly and monthly management-level reports, synthesized from numerous sources, focused on measurable impacts.
What you will be doing
- Focusing primarily on our sort and recommendation algorithms
- Building solutions to solve quickly concrete business challenges (1 to 3 weeks projects)
- Being creative and efficient in your modeling approach (find the simple logic that solves most of the problem)
- Interacting with many teams to support stakeholders' projects but also owning your own initiatives
- Identifying opportunities and areas for improvement
- Maintaining the algorithms (owning the system built)
What You Already Have
- An interest to leverage data more to improve YoY revenue than to build the perfect model
- Willingness to have direct and visible impact on the business
- Preference for MVP + Iteration
- 2+ years' in an analytical role
- Master's degree in quantitative field
- Expert (or able to quickly become an expert) in SQL
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences of various background, level and function
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex G.Software Engineer
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top