SEM Analyst, Bidding
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
SEM Analyst, Bidding
TripAdvisor is looking for an exceptional and ambitious marketing professional to join our world-class Search Engine Marketing (SEM) team. This is your chance to join an iconic travel brand, working as part of our hugely successful SEM team. You will be an active member of an industry-leading cross-disciplinary team of engineers, data scientists and analysts operating one of the world’s largest paid search programs. We have a data driven approach and seek technical solutions to SEM problems. The SEM Analyst, Bidding will focus on our bidding platform, a critical component of SEM Strategy.
As a member of our SEM Bidding team, you’ll work with our data scientists to develop, test, and optimize our bidding algorithm that drives traffic to our site. You’ll analyze our performance metrics, draw insights from the data, and identify opportunities to generate real revenue. You’ll ensure we maximize our bidding potential by identifying and addressing technical issues that inhibit our success. We’re looking for someone who’s razor sharp, analytical, curious, and tenacious. This is a tremendous opportunity to capture the energy and rapid pace of a startup with the proven track record of an industry leader.
Key Areas of responsibility:
- Bidding Operations
- Live in our data, and develop dashboards to monitor our overall performance
- Maximize our bidding potential by identifying and addressing technical issues that hinder our efforts
- Develop alerts to identify problems before we see the impact in our performance data
- Bidding Exploration
- Evaluate and manage participation in bidding pilots/betas with search engines
- Market Management
- Identifying SEM growth opportunities
- Analyze data and identify actionable insights
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in SEM
- Design and analyze robust tests
- Write compelling ads to attract traffic
Required Experience, Qualities, and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical/quantitative role
- Analytical and results-oriented; highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Meticulous, conscientious, and attentive to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in an autonomous environment
- Effective verbal and written communication with the team in the headquarters and multiple global offices
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills in a fast-paced work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in any quantitative field, such as Economics, Mathematics, engineering, or a physical science
- A problem-solver, able to analyze large amounts of data and produce actionable insight
- Exposure to SQL or a programming language a plus
- Willingness to travel if required
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top