Sales Planning Supervisor, Americas
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are looking for an energetic and proactive professional to serve as a Sales Planning Supervisor to support our Display Advertising Sales Team in APAC. This position will report directly to the VP, Global Display Sales Operation. The successful candidate will manage the Planning team, establish best working practices and ensure the smooth operation between the core teams that drive the Display business – Sales, Planning, Ad Operations and Accounting.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the media planning and coordinating team of 4-6 people, enable them to support the Sales team in their day-to-day processes
- Be the first point of escalation for all planning/account management/reporting related issues
- Get involved or fully handle planning and account management for complex strategic clients
- Provide planning and account management supports when needed as coverage or extra help during busy time to help out the team
- Work closely with the trafficking management on troubleshooting proposals/placement/products to make sure connection between XSM and DFP works and the ads appear on the site exactly the way they are purchased by the client
- Closely collaborate with the counterparts in other regions, be an integrated part of global planning management and global sales operations managements team, represent interests of APAC planning and operations team, contribute during the meetings and brainstorming sessions
Be a trusted advisor for sales directors and VP in APAC region, help analyzing advertisers’ goals and define media strategy for the clients
- Assist sales management in understanding inventory situation in specific markets and targets, educate sales team on the capabilities of XSM and DFP, advise on the yield management and pricing strategy
- Ensure the team is fully trained on all products the TripAdvisor Media Group has to sell, as well as the targeting parameters that are offered. This allows Planners to advise and help the sales team construct market leading proposals.
What we seek:
- 5+ years of experience in media planning or other digital support role
- 1+ years of managerial experience
- Good understanding of digital media trading environment, trends and main vendors in this space
- Understanding of ad serving systems, technology and processes
- An inspiring team leader who can command respect, communicate problems and create processes in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workloads according to different criteria
- A desire to perform in a fast-paced and highly changing marketplace and be driven to meet and exceed the team’s expectations/demands, to grow and develop within the organization
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint and general computer skills are fundamental to this role
- Bachelor's Degree required
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top