Sales Manager, UK (CruiseCritic)
Sales Manager, UK (CruiseCritic)
SmarterTravel, a TripAdvisor Company, offers travelers a portfolio of travel sites to help them find the right trip at the right price. We are a team of passionate professionals who push and drive and innovate like a start-up, but we also have a track record of success and we benefit from being a part of a large, public company.
The Independent Traveler, Inc. is part of the SmarterTravel family of sites, and is a publisher of travel Web sites including Cruise Critic, the largest cruise site of its kind; Family Vacation Critic; and, Independent Traveler. Together these sites receive over six million unique visitors a month.
We are looking for a smart and energetic online advertising Sales Manager. This position will quickly help grow the company's business in both display and CPC. The successful candidate must be aggressive, creative, resourceful, and enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The position requires outstanding sales, leadership, communication and organizational skills. The candidate should possess a gift for developing and maintaining relationships, and an exceptional understanding of digital media. S/he will be responsible for hitting monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
The successful candidate will be based in TripAdvisor’s London office. Travel will be required up to 20%. This position reports to the Senior Director of Sales for The Independent Traveler, based in Ewing, NJ.
- Meet and exceed challenging sales goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Help develop, test and then champion new products in market
- Build and then develop deep and wide relationships with clients
- Work cross-departmentally to optimise the UK site
- Work successfully and energetically on the phone, in groups, as well as with in person client meetings
- Bundle different types of advertising products to create a successful portfolio for your advertisers (e.g. CPM media, CPC media, sponsorships, text links, etc.)
- Extensive relevant work experience
- Extensive experience selling online advertising with responsibility for an annual quota of at least $1 million
- Recent and successful track record of sales to the travel industry is a plus
- Broad expertise and unique knowledge of the travel industry, with a heavy focus on cruise
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and sell strategically
- Track record of developing long-term relationships with (and commitments from) clients and agencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent online, written and verbal communications skills
- Must be positive, persistent and professional
- A results oriented consultative seller that can help identify and solve challenges with our largest clients
- The successful candidate must enjoy problem solving and be unafraid of technical solutions.
- Teamwork skills essential; sense of humour required; overdeveloped sales egos must be checked
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top