Sales Manager Singapore
TripAdvisor is the leader in the growing online travel market, offering consumers high-quality, unbiased content plus booking opportunities via our partner booking engines. We are a growing group of passionate professionals with the energy of a start-up and the stability of a profitable enterprise. We are looking for a smart, energetic online advertising sales professional to help grow our rapidly expanding Display advertising business in Singapore.
- Work as an integral part of the TripAdvisor sales team to create and present tactical and strategic revenue initiatives and opportunities to a portfolio of advertising agencies and clients.
- Advertising agencies: Media, planning, account teams, PR, DM, creative. We aim to sell multi-level in order to establish multiple levels of contact by client.
- Use of face-to-face meetings, telephone and any other means to communicate value and unique power of the TripAdvisor brand.
- Interdependency: The ability to work with other teams. E.g. Operations and Planning, Marketing etc is paramount.
- Building better knowledge with an ability to be critical of own work – a desire to keep improving. Always on the look-out for information, developments and market news.
- Generate accurate and timely reports on sales activity and performance as required.
What we seek
A team player who enjoys developing and presenting an advertising based, revenue-generating idea/opportunity in answer to a marketing challenge or brief. Must be able to perform in a fast-paced highly changing marketplace and be driven to meet and exceed revenue targets. A communicator, listener, presenter and negotiator this candidate will demonstrate ease at dealing with Marketing Managers/Directors, Account Directors, Strategy Directors working both online and offline when needed.
At least 4-5 years of media sales experience - the majority being in direct-outside sales meeting face-to-face with clients and advertising agencies. Premium placed on traditional media experience with large clients and their agencies. A University degree (or equivalent) required and/or real world experience in the communications industry.
- Familiarity and knowledge of the Southeast Asia communications industry is essential.
Knowledge of the travel industry is a bonus.
- An understanding of the media sales process including traditional media and/or online is required.
- Good computer knowledge of software programs such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Highly effective at verbal and written communication, including the delivery of presentations is essential for success in this role.
Back to top