TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are looking for a smart and energetic online advertising sales professional to help grow the company's rapidly expanding CPM/display advertising business. The successful candidate must be aggressive, creative, resourceful, and enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The position requires outstanding sales, communication and organizational skills. The candidate should possess a gift for developing and maintaining relationships, and an exceptional understanding of digital media. S/he will be responsible for hitting monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
This person will be working in our Los Angeles (El Segundo) office and will report into our Director of Display Advertising.
What We Seek:
- 2+ years’ experience selling online advertising with responsibility for an annual quota of at least $1 million
- 3+ years of media sales experience
- Recent and successful track record of sales to the travel industry is a plus.
- Experience working successfully and energetically on the phone, in groups, as well as with meeting clients in person.
- Experience bundling different types of advertising products (e.g. CPM media, sponsorships, text links, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and sell strategically
- Track record of developing long-term relationships with (and commitments from) clients and agencies
- Strong analytical skills to understand ad campaign performance
- Experienced business judgment: Must be positive, persistent and professional
- The successful candidate must enjoy problem solving and be unafraid of technical solutions.
- Teamwork skills essential; sense of humor required; overdeveloped sales egos must be checked at the door.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a convincing and organized manner
Back to top