Job Description: Risk Analyst
Viator is seeking a Risk Analyst to join our growing Finance organization. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of defining and implementing fraud process improvements and a strong knowledge of fraud detection and prevention best practices. This position requires a person who can roll up their sleeves and make things happen, has strong “card not present” (CNP) transaction experience with a focus on enabling business and maximizing revenue.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Generate weekly and monthly reporting on fraud and related operational metrics
- Develop audit processes and reporting for quality and productivity of operations team
- Develop and document processes and procedures to minimize fraud and streamline workflows
- Develop and analyze KPI’s in order to measure performance and identify fraud trends, patterns, and product vulnerabilities
- Analyze large data sets and perform ad-hoc analysis to identify fraud trends, take action to stop fraud activity, enhance fraud rules, and improve automation
- Collaborate closely with, and provide, internal partners (Sales, Product, Engineering, Payments) with business requirements that would improve risk tools and detection of emerging fraud trends
- Develop strategies for mitigating risk prior to entering new markets
- BS in a quantitative field (e.g., Applied Math, Econ, Statistics, Eng, CS)
- Knowledge in card-not-present fraud schemes, risk prevention methods, and fraud detection tools
- Ability to analyze fraud patterns and create empirical rules and prevention strategy to identify and mitigate fraud
- Ability to identify workflow pain points and optimize or scale processes
- Experience in a data analytics role, understanding of SQL, and/or experience in Excel modeling
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Viator offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities online, aggregating a massive and fragmented travel category, and supplementing the tour information with over 600,000 reviews and photos from customers. We sell our products directly to a global consumer base at www.viator.com and through an industry-leading global network of more than 3,000 Distribution Partners, including major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of sites, Viator welcomes more than 10 million visitors per month.
Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator is part of the TripAdvisor family of companies.
Back to top