Quality Assurance Engineers
EMPLOYER NAME: Smarter Travel Media, LLC. (A TripAdvisor subsidiary)
POSITION: Quality Assurance Engineers
WORKSITE: Boston, MA
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Assess test scope for new features, identify testability issues, and write tests. Relay quality assessments during development and release to the QA manager and development team lead, assist with bug triage, and work with developers to reproduce and write tests for bugs. Work within QA team to drive on-going automation efforts. must be in tune with a rapid release cycle with a strong aptitude for problem solving, assessing risk, analyzing noisy information, automating solutions, and conveying issues. Develop and integrate test automation frameworks in collaboration with other QA team members. Perform, develop and maintain functional, regression, and performance/stress tests for a continuous integration release cycle. Identify and implement new testing technologies for desktop sites, mobile web, iOS applications and APIs. Work closely with development and product management to identify testing needs and meet deadlines. Collaborate with engineers to find and prevent defects.
REQUIREMENTS: Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
Experience: 5 years of work experience in a software quality assurance or consultant related role.
This position also requires education or experience in the following:
- Ability to identify test cases for new features and rapidly automate reliable and maintainable test cases;
- Work in collaborative agile team to develop features with daily deployments;
- Develop, extend, and maintain a testing infrastructure including CI environments like Jenkins or Bamboo and VM environments such as XenCenter or Amazon EC2 and RDS);
- Experience using modern software configuration managers such as Git or SVN; and
- Experience with performance and load testing (apache bench, jmeter, gatling).
Job #: 10173.250
TO APPLY: Smarter Travel Media, LLC/TripAdvisor Recruiting
400 1st Ave
Needham, MA 02494
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top