Product Manager, MBA Rotational Program
TripAdvisor Product Manager
TripAdvisor MBA Product Management Rotation Program
Are you looking to invent new products and features for a consumer-focused technology company with a global reach? Located just outside of Boston, TripAdvisor is among the largest tech companies on the east coast. We are looking for smart, enthusiastic product management, analytics and marketing-focused graduating MBA’s to join our MBA Product Management Rotation Program.
TripAdvisor is the world's largest travel site with more than 340 million unique monthly visitors, and 350 million reviews and opinions covering more than 6.5 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 48 markets worldwide. . Since launch, 100 million people have had their trip planning experience on TripAdvisor personalized through our integration with Facebook, making TripAdvisor the largest social travel site in the world. In addition, TripAdvisor’s canvas app Cities I’ve Visited is regularly in the Top 5 most popular apps on Facebook. TripAdvisor mobile and tablet apps have surpassed 50 million total downloads across all platforms and devices in 20 languages, making TripAdvisor the global go-to resource for mobile travel planning.
Based at TripAdvisor’s Needham HQ, we offer a competitive fast-track rotational program geared toward MBA graduates. The program, now in its second year, is focused on honing and developing your product management, business and leadership skills to accelerate your professional growth at the world’s largest online travel community. This is more than just a job - it's a potential career path.
As a Product Manager participating in the program you will rotate through a variety of roles within TripAdvisor’s product management division including:
-Social features & Personalization
-Phone and Tablet apps
Each rotation lasts approximately six months, and we anticipate that each associate will complete the Program within two years. PM’s will be evaluated on core competencies at the mid-point and end-point of each six month rotation and will also participate in a variety of experiential learning activities including lunch meetings with key members of senior-level management. At the end of the 1st year of the program, successful PM’s will have the chance to be promoted to Senior Product Manager for their 2nd year within the Program. Participants will also have the opportunity to rotate into a non-product area during their 2nd year.
What You’ll Do:
- Working closely with the senior product managers and TripAdvisor management to identify gaps in core product functionality and content offerings, as well as business and product strategies to address them
- Provide analytical support and insight for key new business initiatives; this requires identifying and understanding key issues, quantitatively analyzing these issues, and communicating key insights and results
- Delivering product definitions which translate and balance business needs, customer needs and technological capabilities into site features and enhancements
- Working in cross-functional teams to help produce product specifications, establish milestones, and manage the development, implementation and marketing launch against goals
- Communicating product status, key issues and launch plans to key constituents across the TripAdvisor organization including senior management, engineering, design, sales, PR, editorial and customer support teams
- Measuring product performance and identification of key levers of improvement - including design and analysis of relevant reports
- Monitoring the competitive landscape, identifying and leading relevant market, site and consumer research needs
What We Seek:
- Minimum 4 years of experience, preferably in strategy consulting, agency, or consumer/B2C Internet product management
- Demonstrated consumer mind-set and interest in technology
- Sound business judgment and demonstrated strength in financial and strategic analysis
- Strong written /verbal communication skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- MBA required (graduating in spring 2017)
- Highly detail-oriented
- Proactive self-starter with strong organization skills absolutely required
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations; sense of humor preferred
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Demonstrates good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top