The Product Manager, based in Sydney, is responsible for driving key product initiatives for a number of our Business Operations teams. You will work closely with the business stakeholders, internal operations teams, developers, and the rest of the Product team to deliver, scale and improve our operations.
You are a self-starter, passionate about data, and thrive in an environment where you can work on and own complex product features. You are skilled at translating business needs into product plans that incorporate appropriate internal/external research and data analysis. You have extensive experience working in an Agile framework and with engineering teams to break down the product plans into clear specifications and deliver best-in-class products. You execute and deliver results, negotiating or trading off on the implementation when required. Your communication skills allow you to excel at collaborating in a global team environment working in several time zones.
Working in the TripAdvisor Attractions, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast growing environment where you will have a lot of ownership while being part of the TripAdvisor family ensures you will have the support needed to exceed your goals.
Summary of essential job functions
- Work with business stakeholders to define and translate strategic business ideas into product stories and acceptance criteria.
- Own end-to-end product delivery by co-ordinating product rollouts across internal business functions.
- Analyse the data available to and lead optimisation of our performance metrics.
- Manage technical projects, track progress towards milestones, and keep tabs on all the moving parts of agile planning and development cycles.
- Communicate the state of projects across teams, stakeholders as well as to executives.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems.
- Work closely with the other Product pillars ensuring efficiencies and opportunities across them are realised.
- 1-2 years of product management experience.
- Proven ability to create, analyze and communicate performance metrics.
- Strong business process design skills.
- Proven ability to specify, execute and deliver product improvements.
- Strong technical understanding. Engineering background a plus.
- Experience working with customers, suppliers, marketplace platforms or third-party partners.
- Familiarity with travel industry concepts, practices and procedures a plus.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment with a diverse set of responsibilities.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with agile development.
- Ability to collaborate with a global team, across multiple time zones.
- Be prepared to occasionally work out of usual business hours when required to teleconference with overseas teams.
- Occasional overseas travel maybe required as part of this role, primarily to USA.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top