SmarterTravel, a TripAdvisor Company, offers travelers a portfolio of travel sites to help them find the right trip at the right price. We are a team of passionate professionals who push and drive and innovate like a start-up, but we also have a track record of success and we benefit from being a part of a large, public company.
Are you passionate about travel? Do you love developing great online user experiences, finding creative solutions to problems and contributing to a team working on an industry-leading website? If so, we would like to talk to you about joining our Product Development team.
The Independent Traveler, Inc. is hiring an experienced Product Manager to work in our Ewing, NJ office. This role will lead Cruise Critic’s social and user-generated content initiatives, among others, and will have the opportunity to guide the brand to the next level. This is truly a high impact and high opportunity role. The candidate will be an innovator who understands how to craft a vision, define products, and drive concepts from planning to implementation.
The ideal candidate will use knowledge of online communities, social media and user experience to create robust products that support our mission to help people plan the best cruise vacations and share their experiences with other travelers. We aim to release products often with constant iteration and reliance on quantitative and qualitative metrics to help define further optimizations and enhancements.
What You'll Do:
- Identify opportunities to enhance the user experience and drive consumer engagement.
- Manage products throughout their lifecycle, from planning to launch.
- Ensure product experiences behave according to our brand values and promise.
- Develop use cases and business requirements.
- Define and track success metrics to ensure that all projects and existing functionality are moving toward our defined goals.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, community specialists and other teams in creating product improvements and experiences.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose and recommend solutions to increasingly complex business or technical problems.
- Ensure quality assurance testing is performed prior to launch of new features.
- Assist in managing prioritization of new website enhancements and bug/fixes.
- Monitor key conversion metrics and A/B tests to support continual optimization of the product and business plan.
- Be a champion and evangelist for users and the Cruise Critic community.
What We Seek:
- 3+ years of comparable Internet product management experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Experience with online communities and social platforms preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovative mindset
- Must love travel; experience in the industry a plus
- Strong technical background
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple projects at a time
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
The ideal candidate sits comfortably at the intersection between business, technology and user experience, with experience in at least one, passion for all three, and fluency with practitioners in all.
The Independent Traveler, Inc. is part of the SmarterTravel family of sites, and is a publisher of travel Web sites including Cruise Critic, the largest cruise site of its kind; Family Vacation Critic; and, Independent Traveler. Together these sites receive over six million unique visitors a month.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Back to top