Product Director, Hotel Solutions
Product Director – Hotel Solutions
TripAdvisor is seeking a passionate product director to lead the reinvention and growth of our Hotel Solutions offering. As Product Owner, you'll build an understanding of our diverse hotel customer base, work collaboratively with Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Operational teams to develop the product strategy and roadmap, and work closely across those teams to ensure quality deliverables on-time. Our Hotel Solutions offering is a subscription product that we are looking to relaunch in the coming year with several exciting new features and a new value positioning. Product features cover areas of guest experience management, data & analytics tools, and enhanced profile/listing features among many others.
This product director will be a key spokesperson in evangelizing the needs and priorities of our hotel customers internally within TripAdvisor, as well as in identifying the product solutions that will help these hotels make their businesses more successful. We are at an inflexion point with this product suite, which presents a big opportunity to the person in this role to craft a vision and define new value for our customers. To that end, we are looking for a smart product leader who can guide the vision and get stuff done.
A successful candidate will be passionate about data, thrive in a fast-moving environment, and have the ability to collaborate across teams but also drive the rapid decision-making necessary to move and iteration quickly.
What You’ll Do:
- Forecast and analysis of internal and external data to influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company.
- Develop requirements, specifications, and enhancements to TripAdvisor’s suite of hotelier products.
- Manage an elite team of product management professionals.
- Build and maintain up to date industry knowledge, performing extensive research to completely understand how our product offering stacks up against other options hoteliers have to optimize their business across the globe.
- Live in the data, and believe the best way to democratize product decisions is querying the database for insights and building ad-hoc reports.
- Lead cross-functional teams, serving as product and part project manager, to establish milestones and manage development and QA efforts.
- Provide detailed consultation to internal sales and 3rd party partners to determine integration/interface requirements as needed.
- You’re inquisitive about how the platform works and want to fix mediocre implementations when you see them.
- Automate as much as possible, and develop scalable processes in a high volume environment.
What We Seek:
- 9+ years of comparable Internet product management experience
- 4+ years successfully managing and mentoring a team of product managers as direct reports
- Experience in a SaaS environment or other B2B setting, ideally experience in a B2B2C company with a two-sided marketplace.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer-centric communication skills. Ability to communicate to both business and technical personnel. Displays ‘grace under pressure’ ethic at all times, with both customers and peers
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate innovative and effective actions plans to resolve issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative and multi-cultural situations
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus
Back to top