Principal UX Designer
We are looking for a talented Principal UX Designer to design engaging experiences on TripAdvisor's web and mobile platforms for travelers worldwide. You should be experienced with translating business and user goals into impactful and user-centric designs, which includes but not limited to wireframing, prototyping, user testing, and visual design. As a part of the design team, you will partner with product managers, developers, marketing, research and other designers. While managing the user experience for an area of the business.
What you'll be doing:
- Be the design Lead via hands-on designing (you are a do-er) and direction (You freely share your point of view and vision)
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and team members to brainstorm new products, features, and functionalities that enhance our mobile and web experiences
- Partner closely with product and engineering to translate business and users' goals into elegant but practical designs that can deliver on key business and user metrics
- Ensure designs and user interfaces communicate consistent, effective experiences and messages across all platforms, and are in alignment with core site and branding strategy
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Use best practices and standards related to UX / IA across TripAdvisor products and features
- Hands-on production of user requirements, storyboards, wireframes, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications.
- Drive and/or collaborate on user testing sessions
- Help create, maintain, and enforce the brand book, templates, style guides and toolkits
- Managing, mentoring, and coaching others designers
- Leading skill building and creative culture initiatives within the creative organization
What we are looking for:
- 8 to 10 years of experience designing for web and mobile
- 2+ years leading projects and managing stakeholders
- Online portfolio that showcases your UX, design, innovation, and strong problem-solving skills
- Shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create delightful, consumer-oriented experiences
- Comfortable designing within iOS and Android native platform guidelines, and have portfolio examples to show it
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, PhotoShop, Axure
- Excellent communicator who has conviction to champion your point of view, but can also successfully collaborate with others
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top