Principal Software Engineer - Vacation Rentals
TripAdvisor, the market leader in travel research, is seeking a talented engineer for a key leadership role in the Vacation Rentals engineering team. The team builds software to run the vacation rentals section on TripAdvisor as well as build and support partner APIs to collect additional vacation rentals for the TripAdvisor site. Projects are short, fast and successful which speaks to the quality of both the engineers and the culture. We are a successful company that moves quickly and takes risks on ideas we believe will yield big wins. With our massive travel data set what could you do?
TripAdvisor is well-known for having an extremely strong engineering organization – you will be working with the best and getting stuff done, in the fastest growing area of an incredibly profitable, growing, fun company.
- Lead, own and implement multiple projects.
- Evolve the architecture to meet the demands of our ever-increasing scale.
- Touch code at every level – from the UI, to the application code, to backend services, down to the database.
- Work with the technical leadership to make strategic technology decisions.
- Partner with the product team to design new features.
- Be responsible for the code quality on your projects.
- Mentor more junior developers.
You have demonstrated excellence running cross-functional engineering teams in fast-paced environments, both in terms of technical leadership and hands-on coding. You can drive results within a strong, talented team, and have a solid track record. You are a leader who can prioritize, communicate clearly, and partner effectively. The TripAdvisor engineering team requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer focus.
- Experience with high-volume web applications
- 10+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience
- 8+ years of experience developing complete, database-driven server side, multithreaded web applications
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and Object Oriented Software Design
- Experience with payment gateways and e-commerce platforms a plus
- Machine learning/big data experience a plus
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top