Principal Software Engineer - Experiences & Rentals
If you're looking to build something new, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are eager to join a team working with the latest and coolest Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technologies - then we'd love to hear from you!
TripAdvisor is growing its world class Customer Relationship Management Engineering team and is looking for CRM Engineers to contribute on architecture and development. TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand.
We take pride in our Customer Relationship Management and are looking for a superstar to add to our high-performing team.
As the newest addition to the Experiences & Rentals CRM team, you will be responsible for:
- Use the latest and coolest CRM technologies
- Provide technical leadership for major projects including the development of a new CRM high performance low latency platform
- Develop new and improve existing CRM analytics tools
- Drive innovation, generate and promote new ideas, solve complex problems in innovative way
- Touch code at every level - from the UI, to the servlets and backend services, down to the database
- Be responsible for the code quality and shape the development culture on your team
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Work with core engineering, marketing, and our content teams to lead our continuing initiatives to maintain high content quality
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10 years of software development experience
- Proven technical leadership solving complex problems
- Solid experienced in developing code for low-latency, high-volume systems
- Solid understanding of Java and Object-Oriented architectures
- Solid understanding of AJAX and other Web 2.0 technologies
- Solid knowledge of Linux and its standard utilities
- The successful candidate will communicate well, be committed to delivering quality work on an aggressive schedule, and must be able to function independently as well as part of a team
- Must be able to document code faithfully and take good coding practices seriously
- Prior experience in small startup environment a plus
- Driven results within a strong, talented, opinionated team, and have a solid track record of project delivery
- Proven that you are a leader who prioritizes, communicates clearly, and partners effectively with both technical and non-technical employees
- Knowledge of CRM Technologies and experience developing CRM Analytics Tools is a plus
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top