Principal Software Engineer
TripAdvisor is seeking a Principal Software Engineer who is passionate about coding and has had a diverse range of experiences working in both front-end and back-end roles.
The technical lead for the Connectivity team will be working on the biggest technical challenges that TripAdvisor faces. The work of this individual will directly impact our product, which generates more than a $1 billion of revenue annually. This individual will have the opportunity to provide technical direction and guidance to the engineers of the team. Additionally, the technical lead will be instrumental in working closely with the technical manager and product teams to create, define, and implement team strategy and goals.
- Strategically lead complex projects, working closely with cross-functional teams, consisting of technical and business stakeholders
- Develop code in an operationally responsible manner
- Continually explore and evaluate new technologies and advocate for companywide adoption when appropriate
- Provide broad technical leadership to the Connectivity team, as well as engineers throughout the organization
- Serve as a subject matter expert for TripAdvisor’s back-end and front-end software
- Provide subject matter expertise to engineering team and product managers
- Establish software development best practices for team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Java or Python preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Experience partnering with stakeholders to meet business objectives
- Ability to work effectively with technical contributors, project managers, and leadership
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience mentoring and developing technical staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top