Principal Engineer - iOS
Join the dynamic Mobile Platform engineering team and reinvent the TripAdvisor iOS app. You will define and implement the software architecture and development practices to enable our distributed development teams to rapidly deliver the most engaging experience to millions of TripAdvisor app users.
The Mobile Platform team will reinvent the TripAdvisor mobile app. We are aiming for a world-class experience that empowers our users to plan, book and enjoy the perfect trip. This is an opportunity to join a team that will shape and accelerate mobile app development at TripAdvisor.
- Define and implement the software architecture and supporting infrastructure for the TripAdvisor iOS app, working closely with other engineering teams to ensure the platform meets their needs
- Establish software development best practices for iOS development at TripAdvisor
- Build reference implementations for the new architecture
- Lead the evolution of the TripAdvisor app to the new architecture, supporting other teams in the migration of their code to the new architecture
- Be responsible for platform design, implementation, testing & monitoring
The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of modern architecture and development best practices for mobile apps. He or she must be able to conceptualize and communicate an architectural vision and build alignment throughout the organization. He or she must also demonstrate the ability to produce scalable, performant and maintainable code across the full stack, from app user interface to services and database.
Do you have a proven track record of delivering well-architected, scalable, high-volume mobile apps, in a fast paced environment? If so, please come join us. To learn more about us, visit our Engineering blog at http://engineering.tripadvisor.com/
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, OO Design and relational databases
- 10+ years of professional programming experience
- 5+ years of iOS programming experience, in high-volume apps
- Leadership in the definition, implementation and rollout of significant architectural changes on high volume mobile apps
- Significant experience with server-side programming, including API design
- Experience analyzing and improving app performance and resource utilization across the full stack
Back to top