Part-time PR Specialist, Cruise Critic (Maternity Cover)
SmarterTravel, a TripAdvisor Company, offers travelers a portfolio of travel sites to help them find the right trip at the right price. We are a team passionate professionals who push and drive and innovate like a start-up, but we also have a track record of success and we benefit from being a part of a large, public company.
Cruise Critic is the world’s largest cruise reviews and information site, offering a comprehensive resource for cruise travelers -- from first-time cruisers to avid cruise enthusiasts. The site features more than 350,000 cruise reviews and hosts the world's largest online cruise community.
Cruise Critic UK is seeking a part time Senior PR Specialist (maternity cover) for a contract role. The role will be approximately 24 hours per week – we’ll ask you to keep a set schedule that can be set in agreement with your manager.
Working alongside seasoned editorial and sales professionals in our London office, you’ll report to the Public Relations Manager (based at the Cruise Critic office in New Jersey, USA). You’ll execute Cruise Critic’s PR strategies to help promote the Cruise Critic brand, while also working to build interest in cruise holidays among U.K. travellers. Focus will be on placements and relationships across national, regional and trade media, along with brand marketing and partnership support.
- Oversee U.K. media outreach and press office:
- Identify media opportunities
- Proactively pitch stories
- Write and distribute press releases
- Respond to incoming inquiries from journalists
- Prepare executive spokespeople for media briefings and speaking opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with media and others in the industry
- Support partnerships and initiatives that build brand awareness
- Support UK-specific programs
- Support contests and promotions on an as-needed basis
- Maintain online press room
We’re seeking an experienced and enthusiastic communications professional who can get up-to-speed quickly, work effectively with the Cruise Critic UK team to drive Cruise Critic’s PR strategy. Cruise Critic is a fast-paced environment so the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is crucial. Additional requirements for this position include:
- PR experience in an agency or in-house role
- A cross-section of experience in external, internal, corporate and consumer communications
- Experience executing a communications strategy
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent media relationships
- Excellent project management skills
- Teamwork skills essential
- Keen interest in travel – understanding of the travel/cruise industry and business models would be a plus
- Highly self-motivated and independent
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top