Partnerships Business Development Executive
TripAdvisor is seeking an experienced Business Development Executive to join our APAC Partnership team to help us meet our growing Japan team goal. This is an exciting opportunity to support TripAdvisor Japan moving to the next level working together with our partners.
The role is focused on business development and you will concentrate your work on researching and identifying target companies and organizations, creating contacts with identified organizations, and presenting TripAdvisor to the relevant contacts as well as managing partnerships deal with key partners.
This role requires excellent sales and communications skills as well as effective relationship-building talents. This role also will involve working in a fast-paced, online environment. You will need a hands-on approach and the ability to multi-task and think creatively, and will bring strong organizational and analytical skills to support a results oriented team.
What You'll Do:
Work with the Partnerships team across APAC to meet the team’s goals by:
- Researching and identifying relevant organisations and contacts in Japan to meet TripAdvisor’s Japan objectives in display and collection of content
- Engaging prospects and clients in travel and related industries from airlines, NTOs, OTAs, hotels, media etc. to initiate or develop contacts
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Closing deals that bring value to TripAdvisor for branding, content collection, incremental traffic & revenue and/or member acquisition.
- Managing partner implementations and technical solutions to ensure compliance with brand and partnership guidelines
- Supporting the Japan Business Development Manager for achieving Japan territory goal
- Being responsible for achieving set targets in line with Japan territory goals
- Working with relevant internal content, marketing, PR to assist in developing appropriate content for key partners
What We Seek:
- 5+ years sales and or business development experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Target driven, results/detail oriented, self-starter with strong organizational skills and ability to work independently without supervision
- Enjoys problem solving and motivated in using technical solutions creatively to effect successful launch of products
- Self-motivated, thorough and attentive to details with ability to prioritise multiple priorities in a fast-paced, hands-on environment
- Enjoys meeting people, professional presentation and communications skills
- Willingness to travel for work when required
- Fluent in English and Japanese
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top