Mobile Product Designer (Native App)
We are looking for a talented Mobile Designer to design engaging experiences on TripAdvisor’s mobile platforms for travelers worldwide. You will be working on projects that involve iPhones, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Android phones, Android watch, Android tablet and more. This is a hands-on role. You should be experienced with translating business and user goals into impactful and user-centric designs, which includes but not limited to: wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and visual design.
As a part of the design team, you will work closely with product managers, developers and other designers, as well as with brand, marketing, usability, copywriting and other product partners.
Mobile usage makes up more than half of our traffic, and we’ve reached over 315 million downloads of the TripAdvisor app.
- Partnering with Product and Development teams to translate business and users’ goals into design that can deliver on key business and user metrics.
- Ensure designs and user interfaces communicate consistent, effective experiences and messages across all mobile platforms and are in alignment with core site and branding strategy.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and team members to brainstorm new products, features and functionalities that enhance our mobile experiences.
- Passion for travelers and sustaining their goals and needs throughout all platforms by driving and/or collaborating on all cyclical user testing sessions.
- Help create, maintain and enforce the brand book, templates, style guides and toolkits as needed.
- Minimum of 1 year experience designing for mobile
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in design + UX field
- UX based, product and brand oriented mobile design portfolio that demonstrates originality, innovation and problem solving skills as well as a strong point of view as a designer.
- Ability to work with Product and Marketing teams to translate product and business goals into simple and effective design.
- Comfort designing within iOS and Android native platform guidelines.
- Responsive Design experience.
- A talent for managing multiple projects simultaneously, from concept to completion; exhibit flexibility and ability to create multiple creative concepts within our “speed wins” framework.
- Human Centered Design approach in solving user needs with deep customer empathy.
- BFA or MFA in Graphic Design or related field in Information Design, Interaction Design, Human Factors.
- Basic understanding of CSS, HTML-5.
- International/multi-language interactive experience a plus.
**Strong experience in native app design is critical to this role. Responsive design is less important.**
Back to top